Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Won’t Give It A Rest(room)

, , , , , | Right | March 6, 2019

(My store only has one set of restrooms, near the checkouts, but there are several stalls so there’s usually not a wait even if one stall is out of order or dirty. I’m working near the back of the store when a customer approaches me.)

Customer: “Where’s your restroom?”

Me: “Up front, near the registers.”

Customer: “No, no, your restroom. Where’s the one you use?”

Me: “I use that one.”

Customer:No! Where. Is. The. Restroom.You. Use? When you don’t want to use that one? That one’s dirty!”

Me: “That’s the only restroom in the store. I can’t step away from my project right now, but if it’s dirty I can call a coworker to clean it.”

Customer: “No! It’ll still be dirty. I won’t use some filthy public restroom. I know you have an employee restroom in the back room; let me use that one!”

Me: “Um… No, there is no separate employee restroom. There is only that restroom up front. I use that one. The employees all use that one.”

Customer: “You’re lying! I know there’s one back there!”

(They ran off after that, I guess to find a non-filthy, non-public restroom. I’ve heard of customers thinking there’s infinite stock in “the back,” but this is the first I’ve heard of it also containing a sparkling clean restroom for customers who want it hard enough.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!