Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Doesn’t Get The Point(s)

, , , , | Right | March 6, 2019

(I work in a hotel. One morning I get a call from an older woman looking to get a hotel room in the upcoming month.)

Caller: “Hello. I’d like to book a room and pay with points.”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, to book with points you have to book online or through the 1-800 number; I cannot access your points.”

Caller: “Well, let me book now, anyway, and I’ll pay with points later.”

Me: “That won’t work as we won’t be able to add your points at a later time; you have to book specifically through the website or the 1-800 number to book with points.”

Caller: “I don’t know why you’re making this so difficult; all I want to do is book with points!”

Me: “I understand your frustration, ma’am, but I am unable to access your points and we cannot change your payment method to points after you book the room.”

Caller: “Give me the 1-800 number, then, if you’re not going to be useful!”

(I give her the number and forget about it. Fifteen minutes later I get another call from her.)

Caller: “I called the number and they said I didn’t have the points, so I’m going to book through you.”

Me: “I’m sorry to hear that, ma’am. What’s your rewards number, so I can apply it to get you more points?”

Caller: “Oh, I don’t have one of those.”

Me: “You don’t have a rewards number? You need one to gain points to put towards future stays.”

Caller: “I stay there all the time! I should have points! I don’t need a rewards number!”

Me: “I can sign you up for free, but you will not gain points unless you’re a member.”

Caller: “No, just book me for a d*** room. I’m done dealing with your company and just want to be done with it.”

Me: “Of course, ma’am.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!