Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Witch Way To The Exit?

, , , , , , | Right | February 8, 2024

I work in a metaphysical/crystal store in a local mall in a semi-neutral/slightly church-leaning town in Florida. It’s about as much fun as it sounds like. Most times it’s not so bad, but then there are the days…

My coworker and I are restocking incense when a group walks by outside, and we overhear:

Teen #1: “What’s this?”

Teen #2: “A witch store.”

Teen #1: “Oh. Jesus!” *Makes a cross with his fingers at the store*

I have yet to figure out what they think will happen when they do that.

Anyway, neither of us moved fast enough to match energy before they were gone, so we just went back to incense.

Sometime later, we have a bit of a rush going on. I’m standing near the front entrance keeping an eye on customers while my coworker is at the counter checking someone out. A whole new group of guys walks by, all loud and obnoxious as they go:

Guy #1: “Oh, look, it’s a witchy store!”

Guy #2: “What, like, voodoo and s***?”

Guy #3: “They need Jesus…”

Me: *Steps out the door* “And Thor’s blessings to you, as well!”

All of the guys take off running.

Even later on, my coworker and I are looking over crystal bracelets when the guys make their brave return.

Guy #1: *Pokes his head into the store* “Excuse me, miss?”

My coworker and I both look up.

Guy #1: “I just wanted to let you know Jesus loves you.” *Tries to leave*

Me: *Smiling and not missing a beat* “And Thor loves you!”

Guy #1: *Pokes back in the door* “You need God.”

Me: *Still smiling, still not hesitating* “I have multiple, but thank you!”

The guys all ran away, yelling.

I still don’t get why all these guys have their panties in a twist about our place. We carry crosses, stars of David, and many other religious iconographies of varying beliefs. We’re here to be an accepting space for them; it’s a shame they won’t do the same for us. Oh, well, I guess I get to keep making new “besties” until they’re annoyed enough with me to run off.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!