Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Why Won’t You Christmas Leave?!

, , , , , | Right | December 24, 2018

(I’m closing the restaurant on Christmas Eve and cleaning out the bathrooms when I miss this call.)

Coworker: “Hello! This is [Restaurant, Location]. How can I help you?”

Customer: “Hi. Just making sure you were still open. We would like [everyday burger deal] to go. We’ll be at the restaurant in twenty minutes.”

Coworker: “We close at 7:30 tonight.”

Customer: “What the f*** is wrong with you? Some of us are hungry!”

(This particular coworker has four children, has been there since nine am, and has had a splitting headache the whole shift. Obviously, she is tired of being there.)

Coworker: “No, what is wrong with you?! It’s Christmas Eve; we want to go home to our families! The grill has been closed and completely cleaned off. Everything in our restaurant is cleaned off. You are not getting any food from us tonight.”

Customer: “Are you serious?”

Coworker: “Yes, I am, if you want to leave a complaint, here’s the store number, my name is [Coworker], and here is the number for corporate.” *click*

(The manager who is busy cleaning equipment runs over.)

Manager: “What happened?”

(The coworker gives an explanation.)

Manager: “For dealing with that phone call for me, you can go ahead and clock out.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!