Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Why Barkeeps Should Rule The World, Part 5

, , , , | Right | May 23, 2022

A group of workers in business attire has opened a tab on the bar on a company card, and they are really going for it. They’ve drunk plenty, but they seem to think because they’re spending money they can do anything they want, including harassing our waitstaff and other customers.

Finally, I have had enough of their behavior and I bring their card and bill over to them.

Me: “I’ve settled the bill on the card, and we’ve decided we won’t be serving you for the rest of the evening. Please feel free to finish your current drinks and then leave.”

Customer: “The f***?! You can’t do that.”

Me: “Actually, we can. You’re making our staff and other guests uncomfortable, so we would like for you to leave.”

Customer: “We’re spending so much money! You want us to stop spending?!”

Me: “No money is worth putting up with your behavior.”

Customer: “But we’re customers! The customer is always right!”

Me: “The customer is always right, but the bartender decides who is a customer. You’re all paid up and done here, so you’re no longer customers. Good night!”

Related:
Why Barkeeps Should Rule The World, Part 4
Why Barkeeps Should Rule The World, Part 3
Why Barkeeps Should Rule The World, Part 2
Why Barkeeps Should Rule The World

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!