Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Who’s Worse? The Impossible Customer Or The Enabler?

, , , , , | Right | CREDIT: Pepsimax88 | December 14, 2022

I work returns in an electronics store. The policy is that if it’s unopened and within twenty-eight days of purchase, that’s fine. If it’s opened or used and not faulty, we won’t accept the return.

One day, a young lady comes in trying to return a TV.

Me: “Did you open this?”

Customer: “No, I haven’t opened it. Everything should be in there.”

I have a look at the tape and it looks like it’s been resealed. I open it and can clearly see that it’s been out of the box and everything. Plastic is torn and everything is just a mess.

Me: “You told me you didn’t open it.”

Customer: “I didn’t.”

Me: “It’s been used. We can’t take it back if you opened it”

Customer: “I DIDN’T OPEN IT! MY BOYFRIEND DID!”

Me: “Unfortunately, that doesn’t matter. If anyone has opened it, we can’t return it.”

Customer: “You said if I hadn’t opened it, we could return it! GET ME A MANAGER!”

I happily went and got a manager to deal with her. He was so dumbfounded when she said again that she hadn’t opened it; her boyfriend had. I left them to it and dealt with another customer.

Five minutes later, I saw my manager moving the TV to the back, so I asked what was up.

He had f****** returned it.

I don’t miss that job and the spineless management.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!