Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Who Even Uses A Phone Book Anymore?

, , , , , | Right | CREDIT: TylPlas26 | December 27, 2022

My coworker is considered the best in her department. She knows about every product and how to do certain jobs properly. A lot of customers come to the store to ask for her advice.

But one customer took it a little too far.

[Coworker] was at home, having a day off, when her phone rang. When she picked up, the person on the other end identified themselves as one of her customers.

Caller: “I looked you up in the phone book because I wanted to ask your advice on something I’m doing.”

She snapped back.

Coworker: “You realize it’s my day off, and you’re calling me at my home. It’s my day off; I shouldn’t have to think or worry about work.”

The customer kind of sputtered, realizing they were wrong to call her. [Coworker] said she’d answer their question but didn’t want them phoning her home again.

A few days later, the customer came in with a gift basket as an apology, which she accepted, but she reminded them that her time off was for herself — that she was not a helpline people could call any time.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!