Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When The White Christmas Gets A Bit Too White

, , , , , , | Right | December 26, 2023

A major winter storm has hit our area, but after a day or so, I go out to brave some Christmas shopping. I want to buy a large tin of popcorn from a local specialty store, a very common and popular gift for the holidays. Upon entering, I notice an irate woman yelling at the lone employee.

Customer: “What do you mean, you don’t have any popcorn tins?! I drove all the way here, and I need those for gifts!”

Employee: “I’m so sorry, ma’am, but as I explained, our trucks have been delayed by the weather. We’re running about a day behind.”

Customer: “That is unacceptable! It’s Christmas! You must always keep tins in stock! Go look in the back!”

Employee: “I’m sorry, but what you see here is what we have in stock. The trucks were delayed by the ice on the roads. You can purchase one of the smaller bags you see here, or you can come back another day, but I cannot sell you a tin today.”

The woman angrily grabs a couple of bags, muttering, pays, and leaves.

Employee: “How can I help you?”

Me: “Well, I had the same question about the tins as her, but I heard what you said about the truck, so I guess just a cherry limeade, then.”

The employee looks cautiously over my shoulder, making sure the woman is out of sight before leaning closer to me.

Employee: *Smiling* “If you want to come back, the truck will be here in twenty minutes.”

It’s worth it to treat people nicely!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!