Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When The Customer Loses Their Warranty, They Act Unwarranted

, , , , , , | Right | June 28, 2023

Part of my job is consumer computer repairs and warranties. A customer’s laptop comes back from warranty repair for a faulty display panel within a week. This isn’t good enough for the customer.

Customer: “I still had to wait a whole week! You should give me a refund for the laptop!”

Me: “We didn’t charge you for the repair, so—”

Customer: “No, I want a 100% refund for the laptop! You should give me my money back on it!”

Me: “Do you want to return the laptop?”

Customer: “No, you still let me keep it.”

Me: “We can’t let you have the laptop for free, ma’am!”

Naturally, she starts to scream bloody murder, call me and the company quite colourful names, and demand a manager.

Manager: “Guess what, lady? When it comes to warranty cases, it goes: manufacturer, me, God, and then you. So, no.”

She totally loses her cool and starts to scream with her face beet red and bangs the desk with her fists, pulling a Muhammad Ali to her laptop on that very desk. After a delicious crunching noise from the laptop’s top cover, she abruptly stops with a deer-in-headlights expression on her face.

I open the display, and we can both clearly see that the display panel is completely busted.

Me: “Yeeeaah… I’m afraid that won’t be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!