Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

When Doing Your Job Has Karmic Consequences

, , , , , , , | Right | June 29, 2023

A lady comes into the restaurant late at night after our cooking cut-off time.

Me: “Hi. Just to let you know, we are no longer serving food.”

She makes a face at me but still sits down at a table and orders a glass of wine. She sees that the cook is still in the back, cleaning up the kitchen after the night is over.

Customer: “Excuse me, you’re being unprofessional! I see someone in the kitchen! You lied to me; you can have him make me some food. You need to be retrained on your job.”

Me: *Smiles politely* “I’m sorry, the kitchen is closed for the night. The cook does need to go home tonight because we aren’t open all night.”

Customer: “No wonder you don’t have a real job.”

She stormed back to her table, finished her wine, and left, of course leaving me no tip — shocker. As soon as she was out of earshot, all the people at the bar verbally attacked her and commended me on keeping my cool, which felt great on its own.

But the best part? We’re in an airport, and she left her bags behind. The official protocol, which I HAD to follow, even though hers was the only and last flight out? Calling the police and having them take her bags to another terminal for inspection, meaning there was no way she had them for her flight.

It was like a movie scene where the bad guy destroyed himself. I was so happy.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!