Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

We’re Ex-sauce-ted

, , , , , | Working | March 10, 2022

My fiancée and I are in the drive-thru at a well-known chicken restaurant chain. [Employee #1] comes on the intercom — a very fun individual who always likes to joke with customers while taking orders. I order our nuggets with honey mustard, as well as two of the promotional dipping sauces, which are premium and cost 50¢ each. I then pull up to the window to pay and am met by [Employee #2].

Employee #2: “Did you want any dipping sauces?”

Me: “Yeah, actually, I asked for honey mustard and two [promo] sauces.”

Employee #2: *With a bit of an attitude* “Well… those are extra.”

Me: “I know that. That’s why I asked for them when I placed my order over the intercom.”

Employee #2: *Attitude increasing* “Well, I can’t delete the next order. Another car came through, so I can’t delete that order.”

No, I have no idea what this has to do with me.

Me: “Well, that’s fine, but I asked for them when I placed my order with the other guy.”

[Employee #2] repeats the information about being unable to modify the next order, etc., and seemingly isn’t trying too hard to just add the two sauces to my order.

Me: “Okay, so can I just order the two sauces, please?”

Employee #2: “Well, I can’t— Actually, do you have cash?”

Me: *Checking my wallet* “Yeah, actually, I do. Is there any tax on it?”

Employee #2: “No, they’re just 50¢ each.”

Me: “Okay, can I have two, please?”

I hand her a $1 bill, and she stares at me with even more attitude.

Employee #2: “This is a dollar. They’re 50¢ each.”

Me: “Yes, I know. I wanted two sauces which, at 50¢ each, makes a dollar.”

At least [Employee #1] seems to have good customer service skills, and of course, our food was still delicious!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!