Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Tradition Shouldn’t Be Frozen In Place

, , , , , , , | Right | November 27, 2023

A father is shopping with his son, maybe five or six years old. Halloween is approaching, so they’re looking at the children’s costumes. The father approaches me.

Father: “Excuse me, but do you have any costumes from Frozen?”

Me: “Only some dresses, I think.”

Father: “Yes, that’s what we’re looking for.”

Me: “Oh! Follow me.”

I take them around the corner to where we have our Disney selection, including plenty of princess dresses. The boy’s eyes go wide.

Boy: “Wow! Dad, they have all of them!”

The boy rushes forward and starts comparing “Frozen” dresses. The father shares a look with me.

Father: “I bet you don’t get many boys trying on the dresses, do you?”

Me: “I guess we don’t, but I think it’s fantastic!”

Father: “I told him he could be whatever he wanted for Halloween this year as long as he got good grades. The little guy only went and got the highest grades in his class, so I would be a terrible father if I didn’t live up to my word.”

Me: “Well, you’re doing a great job.”

I start to walk away, but then the father calls back for me.

Father: “Do you have the dresses in adult sizes, too? Part of the deal is that we would trick-or-treat together — in a joint costume.”

Me: “Which means…”

Father: “Which means if he’s going to be Elsa, then I’ll have to be Anna.” 

We both smiled, but sadly, we didn’t carry the range in adult size. I did stop to help him find them online, though! On Halloween night itself, they both came into the store to show off to me how they looked in their matching dresses! Best Halloween in retail ever!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!