Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

To Be Fair, They’re Probably Tired Of Being Asked About It

, , , | Working | October 3, 2022

I am going through the drive-thru of a well-known fast food place for lunch. This chain has a promotional sandwich that I like, so I decide to order that again.

Employee: “Welcome to [Restaurant]. What can I get you?”

Me: “Can I please get a small [sandwich] combo?”

Employee: *Sounding really judgmental* “We don’t make that anymore.”

Me: “Oh, sorry. I didn’t realize that you stopped making it. Can I please get [meal], instead?”

I complete that order with no more problems. About a week later, I go through the drive-thru again, and I notice that the menu board still definitely displays the promotional sandwich. I get to the speaker.

Employee: “Welcome to [Restaurant]. What can I get you?”

Me: “Hi. Can I ask if you’re still making [sandwich]? You still have a sign for it on the menu board, but last week I was told it ended.”

Employee: *Judgmental again* “No, we don’t make it. Anything else?”

Me: “Can I just suggest that you probably want to take that sign down if you don’t have it anymore? It’s pretty confusing otherwise.”

Employee: “Can I get you something else today?”

Me: “Actually, no, thanks. I’ll go somewhere else today.”

It might have been petty, but I didn’t need to deal with a judgmental employee when the restaurant itself couldn’t be bothered to take down a sign for something that they didn’t serve anymore.

The sign is still up now, a month after this happened, and it doesn’t look like it will be coming down anytime soon.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!