Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Time To Roll His Fingers Up In The Window

, , , , | Working | CREDIT: AmazonSeagoat | December 14, 2020

A friend and I are at a Mexican takeout restaurant for dinner. We are NOT wearing masks because we are just going through the drive-thru and staying in our vehicle. We call from the drive-thru line — the speaker is broken — place the order, and pay at the window.

Employee #1: “Hi! Please go park, and we’ll bring your food out to you.”

We wait ten or fifteen minutes — not long at all — and I see a man approaching the car. I can see from a distance that what he is bringing us is the wrong order, there isn’t enough food, and he has no mask. He gives the food to my friend in the driver’s seat, she checks to make sure it’s wrong, and we flag him back after about five minutes.

We are shooting the s***, so we aren’t even worried about time. We aren’t even too concerned about the order mistake, actually.

Friend: “I’m really sorry, but this is the wrong order.”

We give him the food back.

This is where things take a turn.

He gets all huffy.

Employee #2: “Ugh! The kitchen messed up the order!”

Me: “It’s not a big deal; we just wanted to make sure we got the right order.”

He goes back inside. He comes back out within thirty seconds from the kitchen back door, still with no mask, and now with bare hands. He hands the new bag to my friend.

Friend: “Um… this isn’t what we ordered, either.”

The employee blames the kitchen again.

We wait for five minutes. The employee comes back out and approaches my window. My friend waves him to her side but he ignores her. She lowers the window to verbally tell him, and he leans into the car. He puts his hands on the window ledge, leaning on my door, talking across me to my friend.

Me: *Immediately* “Please back up.”

He looks at me and keeps on talking.

Me: “Please back up.”

He leans in closer. My friend joins me in telling him to get away from me. I tell him to back up one more time, clearly pissed, and he just stands there, still in my window violating my personal space.

I push him out of the window and out of my personal space.

Me: “Back the f*** up! I asked you three times!”

Employee #2: *Jumping back* “Weird.”

Then, he walks to the driver’s side to talk to my friend about the third wrong order… which is also wrong. We just take it because I’m fuming and we need to just go. As she tells him we’re going to leave, he begins to shout as loud as he can.

Employee #2: “WE DON’T WEAR MASKS HERE! YOU SHOULDN’T BE SO MEAN TO ME! I MADE YOUR FOOD MYSELF AND YOU WANNA BE RUDE TO ME?! WE AREN’T WEARING NO MASKS, AND IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT, DON’T COME BACK!”

I was already too upset to eat, but this just confirmed that I would not be eating anything from there ever again. Am I the a**hole for making him give me space? To be honest, I would have had the exact same response, health crisis or not. I don’t know why he would be comfortable leaning into the car of someone he didn’t know. We’re two women. It totally made me uncomfortable for him to be in my space like that. I had never seen this man in my life. It was unprofessional at best.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!