Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Seems Like A You Problem

, , , , | Working | CREDIT: Storm_Lady | August 19, 2022

I moved cities six months ago, and my new job site has a twelve-hour shift system: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm or 8:00 pm to 8:00 am. Since I have a very high metabolism and am a total foodie, I have been packing a lot of food from home — breakfast, two snacks, lunch, or dinner, and baked goods for tea time.

I usually eat with my team (four people), and they get their meals from the on-site cafeteria. I share my meals with them because I love feeding people and I pack extra.

But then, I get a call from another coworker, one whose husband is part of my team. She works on our opposing shift. This lady is aggressive from the get-go.

Coworker: “You need to stop bringing in your elaborate meals! You should just get what the cafeteria is serving like everyone else.”

Me: *Firmly* “I am not going to change my habits, and you don’t have a right to demand that.”

Then, she goes on a rant.

Coworker: “My husband has been comparing you to me — cooking, presentability, and cheer — and complaining for the last six months!”

I admit that I feel bad for her; it appears from her rant that her husband is as entitled as she is.

Me: “Those kinds of issues should be discussed with your husband, not with me. But again, I will continue bringing food from home.”

Coworker: “B****!”

And she hung up on me.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!