Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Guy Was A Gas Until His Employees Blew Up

, , , | Working | January 7, 2023

I worked in the food industry, and I was the night shift manager. Our boss made us work six days a week and compensate for our day off with a double shift when the morning shift had theirs. I know, it was hellish.

On one double shift, the power went off in the entire neighborhood. And because of municipal regulations, gas goes out in food establishments with the power, for protection, really.

I called my boss and let him know that, due to the power being out, we couldn’t work (we sold pasta).

Boss: “Don’t go anywhere. I’m on the way with a gas worker to bypass the security valve.”

As soon as I got that message, I told the team we were walking out. I closed the shop and left for home.

My boss called me completely enraged.

Me: “Under no circumstances am I going to endanger my coworkers like that. You can manage the shop without a security valve if you want to, but we won’t come back if it’s bypassed tomorrow.”

I quit not too long after that. He was cheating us out of 75% of our salary, and he wasn’t paying the corresponding taxes for having employees, which meant we had no insurance, no health care, and no retirement payments.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!