Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They’ll Let Just Any Idiot Have A Credit Card

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: Bavisto | December 2, 2021

I work for an appliance company. We offer financing through a credit card from a third-party bank. We are not partners with this bank, so we don’t always run the same promotions. Occasionally, the finance company will send out flyers to existing customers to get them to come in and buy stuff on the card. This particular customer received the flyer, did not read it, and came in to find out the deal. It’s not a promo we are running, but even still, he didn’t know how to read it.

Customer: “I got a flyer from my finance card for a $75 rebate on purchase.”

Me: “It’s for purchases over $3,499.99.”

Customer: “Well, in the fine print it says, ‘Offer void on purchases over $3,499.99.’”

Me: “No, it says, ‘valid’.”

Customer: “Oh, well, I have purchased many things on my card, so I should be close to that.”

Me: “It’s a single purchase of $3,499.99 or more.”

Customer: “That just doesn’t make any sense! I only need a small freezer. Who is spending that much on appliances?”

Me: “I have a fridge in the front that retails for $3,599.99, plus people do kitchen remodels.”

Customer: “I don’t need that much. Why would you offer this?”

Me: “That rebate is through the card; we aren’t even participating in that.”

Customer: “Well, they said to come in and speak with retailers for details. They said you’d have this.”

Me: “We aren’t participating in this rebate.”

Customer: “You guys need to get on the same page.”

He left.

I am very much done with this day, week, month, year, planet…

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!