Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Need A Backup Sign

, , , , | Right | June 24, 2013

(A customer pulls up to the pumps, but her tank is on the other side of the car.)

Me: “Sorry, ma’am, can you back up and go to the other side of the pump?”

(The customer gets a look of sheer and utter panic.)

Customer: “No! I don’t back up. You do it. I don’t know how.”

(The customer tries to give me the keys to her car.)

Me: “Um, sorry, but no, ma’am. I am not allowed to get in a customer’s car or drive it. If you don’t want to back up, you can pull forward out of the lot, circle the block, and try again.”

Customer: “No! That will take too long. How do I back up?! Can’t you do it?”

Me: “Well, you shift your car into reverse and gently press on the gas. It will go backward. When you have gone past the pump, press your brake, shift back to drive, and pull up on the other side.”

(She stares at me like I am speaking a foreign language. With a little more coaching and pointing from me, she manages to get her car in reverse. She then slams her foot on the gas, backs up all the way across the station, and slams into the sign that shows our gas prices, wrecking the sign and the back of her car.)

Customer: “THIS IS YOUR FAULT!”

Me: “Actually, lady, it’s yours. And I think a little blame goes to whoever gave you a license without teaching you to back up.”


This story is part of our Backward roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

12 Stories About Customers Who Should Not Be Allowed To Drive!

 

Read the next Backward roundup story!

Read the Backward roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!