Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Give You A Grilling Because They Know They Can Get Away With It

, , | Right | March 20, 2020

Customer: “I will have the grilled salmon, please.”

Me: *waiter* “Coming up!”

(As I leave, she continues to say that she is a pescatarian. I come back later with the fish and the customer’s date’s food.)

Customer: “Uh, waiter? I can’t eat this.”

Me: “What seems to be the problem?”

Customer: “The salmon is burnt! Would you please take it back?”

Me: “Ma’am, it’s not burnt.”

Customer: “How dare you talk back to me?! I demand it to be taken back, because this is all wrong! I’d better be getting my money back!”

Me: *being polite* “Ma’am, that’s the skin that’s burnt slightly where it was grilled.”

Customer: “I need to see the chef. Or the manager. Now!”

(The manager comes over. I explain the situation.)

Manager: “Oh, ma’am, I am so sorry; let us fix that.”

(I am slightly mad at the manager, but when I follow him back into the kitchen, he explains to the chef, and the chef scraps the skin off, puts new grill marks on the fish, and sends it out to her.)

Customer: *after receiving the “new fish”* “There! That’s right! And will I be getting my discount?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am.”

(The manager took her drink off. He defended himself by saying she didn’t say what the discount was for.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!