Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Can’t Guilt Up A Christmas Miracle  

, , , , , | Right | December 23, 2019

Customer: “Do you have [item]?”

Me: “No, those are out of stock.”

Customer: “What? Are you serious?”

Me: “Yes, they’re out of stock due to it being three days until Christmas.”

Customer: “Well, can you order it?”

Me: “No, they are on back-order so far that the manufacturer has stopped accepting orders, meaning it is impossible to order them at all.”

Customer: *now raising their voice* “Back-order?! So, you’re saying I can’t get them at all?!”

Me: “Correct, back-order means they were taking orders despite not having product available. The orders piled up so far that the manufacturer had to cease accepting orders.”

Customer: “Well, do you know anyone else selling these?”

Me: “I can check for you.”

(I pull out my phone, showing the customer our app and the app of two local competitors, showing them that the product they want is out of stock on all three websites and every location across the state.)

Customer: “Hmph. Well, when I was at [Other Store], they were very helpful and made sure I got my item!”

Me: “Well, you’re free to shop where you’d like, but the item you want is out of stock across the United States and Canada and has been for a month.”

Customer: *who now takes on a snarky attitude* “Hmm… well… all right. I guess you won’t get your commission from me today, sorry.”

Me: “Actually, we don’t make commission. My job is just to help the customer.”

Customer: *still snarky* “Oh? Well… I guess [My Store] just loses my business, then.”

Me: “That’s fine; you’re free to shop where you’d like. Is there anything else I can help you with?”

Customer: *who turns away from me, nose up* “No, nothing.”

Me: “Very well. Have a nice day and happy holidays.”

Customer: “Uh-huh.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!