Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Are Not Scoring An A

, , , , , , | Working | January 6, 2019

(I have my Internet provided by a company that was recently bought out by a company that offers the worst customer service. I have just had our service set up at our new house. When I receive my first bill I see they have spelled my name wrong, throwing in an extra A, so I call to have it corrected.)

Representative: “Hello. Thank you for calling [Internet Provider]. How may I help you?”

Me: “Hello. I just received my first bill from you guys, but it looks like my name is spelled incorrectly and I would like to have it fixed. You guys threw in an extra A.”

Representative: “I’m sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, we cannot fix this over the phone. You will have to drive to one of our stores and show your ID as proof of the mistake, and then it will be fixed.”

Me: “Really? The closest store to me is an hour away. Is there no way to fix this over the phone?”

Representative: “Nope. You have to drive to a store.”

Me: “So, just so I’m clear… I have to take time out of my day to drive an hour out of my way, to fix my name that one of your people spelled incorrectly to begin with?”

Representative: “Yup.”

Me: “Thank you. Have a nice day.”

(To this day I still have the extra A hanging on my name. I do laugh when I have to call in for something and they drag out that incorrect A in the pronunciation.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!