Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

If There’s No Sale On, Make One!

, , , , | Right | August 18, 2017

(I work at a relatively small car dealership as a receptionist. This takes place at about 10 in the morning. There is only one salesman in due to medical reasons with another. The present salesman is out on the lot when a customer walks in.)

Me: “Hi there! Do you need a hand with anything?”

Customer: “I was looking at the [SUV #1] and [SUV #2] on the lot. They look very similar; what is the difference?”

Me: “I know that [SUV #1] is larger than [SUV #2] but not by much since the recent re-modeling on [SUV #2]. But let me find a salesperson for you and he’ll be able explain.”

(I page for a salesman to come to the showroom and continue talking to the customer while she waits. Meanwhile the customer has gotten into the [SUV #1] on display. As we are chatting two older gentlemen, who drive to pick up vehicles from other cities for us, walk up.)

Customer: “Hi, my name is [Customer]. Have you seen this beautiful SUV over here? It’s one of the nicest vehicles we have.”

(The customer continues to give a joking “sales pitch” to the gentlemen. I am relieved that she is not upset by the absence of a salesman. The gentlemen look confused at first, as they are in often and haven’t seen her, but soon catch on and laugh with her. Then the manager walks in, and the customer approaches him.)

Customer: “Hi, welcome to [Dealership]. I’m [Customer]. Have you seen the great sale we have on right now?”

Me: “[Manager], This is [Customer]. She is our newest sales person.”

(This manager is not directly in charge of hiring so this could be possible, but not likely as he is always consulted or informed.)

Manager: *very uncertain* “Noo… you’re not…”

(The two gentleman from earlier laugh and I introduce her as a customer. The manager speaks with her until the salesman arrives. The customer realizes who he is and greets him.)

Customer: “Hi there! I’m [Customer] from… Where am I?”

(I answer and she continues.)

Customer: “You will never see deals like this. Right now we have the [Sale Event] on. You can also get 0% financing on certain models…”

(She continued while I stood to the side, laughing. The salesman also started laughing as she continued for a while. I was impressed with her knowledge of our products!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!