Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

There’s Always A Catch If You Wait Long Enough

, , , , , | Legal | September 5, 2023

I had ordered a sandwich delivered by [Delivery App], so I wasn’t too surprised to get a phone call from someone about a delivery.

It wasn’t [Delivery App]. It was a man claiming I had won $18,500,000, plus a brand-new Mercedes. I should expect someone to deliver the check for $18,500,000 and a tow truck with the new Mercedes to my house that evening.

He knew my address, which was a little disturbing. I didn’t believe it and told the man I thought it was a scam because I hadn’t entered any contests. He argued with me. I laughed and hung up.

He called me back four times. He was really angry that I didn’t believe him and insisted that I was going to be a rich lady. Then, he said that all I had to do was pay for the shipping and handling. I laughed and said, “There’s the scam!” and told him to quit bothering me.

I hung up again and was able to block his number before he called me again.

Afterward, I wished I had thought to ask him if he was a Nigerian prince!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!