Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Their Behavior Takes The Cake

, , , , , | Working | February 7, 2022

Our other worksite doesn’t have senior management onsite. There are a couple of middle managers, but they don’t seem to think they need to play by the company’s rules as long as they get the product out the door. I hate going over there. Everyone acts like you’re some alien outsider; they don’t talk to you, acknowledge you, or help with anything.

I’m on the site for some big meeting. After it finishes, I’m helping out clearing the meeting room, but we fill up the bins pretty quick.

Me: “Hey, where can I throw these out? They won’t fit in the normal bin.”

I get ignored completely; they don’t even look up. I turn around and struggle to pull open the door with the boxes.

Guy: “Wait, what’ve you got there?”

Me: “Cake boxes; we had catering.”

Guy: “Oh! You can put them there.”

He points to a table past him at the other side of the office, but he doesn’t get up to help me.

Me: “I have a few more if anyone could help.”

Guy: “Nah.”

I prop open the door, grab all of the boxes from the meeting room, and stack them on the table. They swarm round.

Guy: “Where are the cakes?”

Me: “Oh, there are no cakes. As I said, I just wanted to throw out the boxes.”

Their moaning, groaning, and swearing were pretty sweet to my ears. 

Little did they know, I transferred all the cakes from the empty boxes to one very full box. I was more than happy to give it to the team there once I threw out the empties, but suddenly, I didn’t feel like it.

I took the cakes back to my site and shared them with my team, who were very appreciative.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!