Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Shirtless Volunteer

, , , | Working | April 26, 2022

I work at a convenience store. One day, I’m working the register while my coworker is in the restroom. A customer comes in without a shirt on. I think it’s a little weird, but it’s early afternoon in the middle of summer, so I don’t question it, and eventually, he’s out of sight, out of mind. He comes up to the counter a few minutes later.

Customer: “Hey, man, I noticed that the roller grill was empty, so I put a few things on it for you.”

Me: *Stunned* “I’m sorry, what?”

Customer: “Yeah, I saw there was nothing on it, so I got in the fridge underneath and put some stuff on. It’s no problem.”

I start internally questioning my pay to deal with this.

Me: “Uh… okay…”

He goes over to the other side of the counter and goes through his pockets while mumbling to himself, and then he leaves. My coworker comes out of the back soon after and I tell her what happened.

Coworker: “That’s a new one. I’m gonna go call [Assistant Manager]. I’d wager that if he didn’t have his shirt on, he probably didn’t put gloves on, so I’m gonna need to throw that stuff out.”

A couple of minutes later, she comes back

Coworker: “She told me to just throw it out and shut it down if I want to, and I will because I’m feeling petty.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!