Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Office Tea Is Piping Hot

, , , , , , | Working | March 6, 2024

There’s a guy who works at my place who is 50% in the office, 50% out in the factory — about the same split as me, give or take. When we’re in the office, we take turns to make everyone a coffee or tea (British, obviously). [Coworker] always goes to the kettle and makes himself a hot drink, nobody else. We get on well, but he can be a right b*****d. I started calling him out on never making tea for me when I always make him coffee. He brushed it aside every time.

Two weeks ago, I took an A5 piece of paper, pinned it to the board behind my desk, and put two columns on it, with [Coworker]’s name and mine at the top. Every time I make him a drink, I give myself a point, and every time he makes me one, I give him a point.

When [Coworker] came into the office and saw it, he was instantly annoyed. I was one point up on him (one to zero) before he even noticed I’d put it up, and he was not pleased.

Since then he’s constantly making me cups of tea and coffee and rubbing it in my face that he’s beating me on points. I’m pretending to care about losing whilst getting an endless stream of hot drinks made for me. It’s like having a secretary at work since I put this chart up.

I don’t think he has any idea that I’m the one winning here.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!