Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

The Curse Of The Babyface, Part 4

, , , , , | Healthy | June 10, 2023

I was invited to go visit a friend and her family, but I got a bug the week before. I recovered enough to go but was still not at 100%. My friend’s daughter had also been under the weather, so my friend and I went to the local pharmacy to get some medicine. I’m around ten years younger than my friend, but I also have a baby face.

Friend: “Do you have any decongestants? I need one for my daughter.”

Pharmacist: “Yes, we have this one. How old is your daughter? It’s safe for kids six years and older.”

Friend: “She is seven, so that should be fine.”

Me: “I also need one. Can you grab one for me?”

Pharmacist: *Jokingly* “Sure. Just to check, how old are you?”

Me: “Twenty-eight.”

I had a friendly laugh as I am used to being age-checked for beer (even now), but the poor pharmacist got quite flustered. I’m not sure how old she thought I was, but I think it was a bit younger than I am. I made sure to tell her everything was fine and that it was quite the compliment to be age-checked in my late twenties.

My friend teased me on the walk back to the flat.

Friend: “Are you sure you should be allowed out by yourself?”

Related:
The Curse Of The Babyface, Part 3
The Curse Of The Babyface, Part 2
The Curse Of The Babyface

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!