Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That’s Not A Cherry You Want To Pop

, , , , , | Working | October 27, 2017

(I go to a local ice cream fast food place that offers patrons two toppings on all the sundaes. I am only in the mood for one flavor. The following exchange takes place.)

Me: “Hi, I’d like a one-scoop mint sundae with vanilla ice cream, please.”

Cashier: “What do you want for your other topping?”

Me: “No other topping. Just mint.”

Cashier: “We can only do one serving of topping and cannot give you a double.”

Me: “That’s fine. I only want one serving of mint on the sundae.”

Cashier: “We cannot lower the price because you only want one topping.”

Me: “I didn’t expect you to.”

(At this point, the cashier calls a manager over, claiming I am demanding overrides to give me double mint topping and reduce the cost of the sundae.)

Manager: “I’m sorry; we cannot do this.”

Me: “That’s fine. I didn’t want double mint topping, nor did I ask for a reduction in price, because I only wanted one flavor.

Manager: “We still cannot give you a discount.”

Me: “I never asked for one.”

Manager: *deer in headlights look*

Me: “Does a cherry count as a topping?”

Manager: “Yes.”

Me: “Okay, I would like a mint sundae, with the cherry on the side.”

Manager: “That wasn’t so hard now was it? Your total is $2.50.”

(When I got my order, I left the cherry, which they did put on the side in a little cup, at the counter. The manager followed me out of the store, telling me that I forgot my cherry.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!