Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unable To Move (On)

, , , , , | Working | October 27, 2017

(I am moving out of state soon and am calling around to shut off all of my utilities.)

Me: “Hi! I am moving and need to set up a shut off date for my gas. Everything should be paid in full.”

Operator: “Let’s see. It says you have zero balance due.”

Me: “Yep.”

(There is a long pause. I begin to wonder if we have been disconnected when she speaks again.)

Operator: “$58.49.”

Me: “What?”

(There is another long pause. This time I can clearly hear her still on the line, though she is not speaking. When she speaks up again she sounds even more confused.)

Operator: “That was due on the first.”

Me: “Okay?”

Operator: “Your payment was due on the first.”

Me: “Yes, that payment should have gone through.”

Operator: “What?”

Me: “I paid that.”

(There is yet another long pause. At this point it’s clear she can hear me just fine; she just seems baffled.)

Operator: “It says you have no payment due.”

Me: “Exactly.”

Operator: “So… you don’t owe anything.”

Me: “Right. I just want to set up a shut-off date. I’m moving.”

(Thankfully, she finally seemed to understand and set up my appointment. Not trusting her, I called back another day to confirm.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!