Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

That Kind Of Talk Is Obama-Careless

, , , , , | Right | March 28, 2024

It is early 2017, and I’m working in a store that sells, among many other things, hunting equipment and guns. It’s a small-town store, and I am new to the area, so I am still picking things up around here.

A customer comes in to pick up a hunting rifle after waiting for the background check to come through.

Me: “Here you go, sir.”

Customer: “About f****** time! Thank God that Obama is on his way out and we can get all our guns back!”

Me: “I don’t think anyone’s taken away any guns under his presidency.”

Customer: “Well… but they tried to! Goodbye, Obama! Next, we need to get rid of that Obamacare!”

I am not the largest fan of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) as I think it has issues, but I try not to engage in political conversation with customers, especially those holding guns.

Me: “Well… I hope you have a nice day, sir.” 

Customer: “Did you vote for Obama or Trump?”

Me: “I’d rather not say, sir.”

Customer: “That means you voted for Obama, you f****** libt*rd.”

Me: “Sir, please, there’s no need for names.”

Customer: “Trump is gonna relax the stupid liberal gun laws, and we’ll be able to take our country back from libt*rds like you!”

Me: “Did… did you just threaten to shoot me because I might have voted Democrat?”

Customer: “And what if I did?”

Me: “Well… considering I have all your information from your background check, your threat to me recorded on those cameras there, and the knowledge that your threat of violence means I can call the police on you, I think you know the answer to that question.”

Customer: *Suddenly not looking so confident* “Whatever. It’s our country now!”

The customer tries to storm out, but I notice now that he has a slight limp. My manager approaches me.

Manager: “I called the police anyway. That guy has been the bane of the community for a decade, and what he just did on camera is something I can finally do something about.”

Me: “Who is he?”

Manager: “Just some landowner’s nephew who got sent to his farm because his parents didn’t know what to do with him. I’m friends with his uncle and… well… he’s told me some stories. Honestly, with how he is, I’m surprised his background check didn’t pick up any red flags.”

Me: “Well, if I see him ‘limping’ in here again, I’ll let you know.”

Manager: “Ha! That fool got knee surgery on the ACA. Poor b*****d doesn’t know that Obamacare paid for his knee.”

The police came, and the manager spoke to them and showed them the footage. Luckily, I didn’t see him again.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!