Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Taxing Taxing, Part 5

, , , , | Right | August 23, 2020

This customer is a Master’s student in her mid-thirties that has purchased books through our online bookstore for multiple semesters and has caused problems every year.

Customer: “I’m calling to check on my order.”

Me: “I just put it in shipping. It’s boxed up with a label on it and you should expect it in two to three business days.”

This is actually true. We recognize her name on the order and we are all doing our best to get through her order without an issue this year.

Customer: “Okay, can you check on the charge, though? I think you charged me too much.”

This is a normal tactic for her. She always chooses the “Used Preferred” option but complains if we substitute a new book at the higher price.

Me: “Looks like everything was done right. One used book for $100.00 and one for $80.00 and $15.00 for shipping.”

Customer: “That only comes to $195.00, but y’all charged me over $200.00.”

Me: “Well, there’s roughly $15.00 for tax.”

Customer: *Screaming* “$15.00 TAX! I’M NOT IN THAT TAX BRACKET!”

Me: *Calmly* “Ma’am, tax is 8.25% across all of Texas.”

The phone slammed down. 

Related:
Taxing Taxing, Part 4
Taxing Taxing, Part 3
Taxing Taxing, Part 2
Taxing Taxing

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!