Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Stamping Out This Scam

, , , , | Right | December 16, 2017

Customer: “I have a full stamp card here; I’d like my free sandwich today.”

Coworker: “Oh, all right! Sounds good! Let me just ring up your chips and drink.”

Customer: “Fine.”

Coworker: “Can I please have your stamp card?”

Customer: “No.”

Coworker: “Oh, so, you… don’t want to use your free sandwich today?”

Customer: “No, I do. But I was told by one of the other girls that I could keep the card. You must be new.”

Coworker: *who has worked there for almost seven months* “Uh… but we can’t give you the free sandwich without taking the full card.”

Customer: “I want my free sandwich!”

Coworker: *to me* “I can get a second opinion, if you like?”

Me: *to customer* “Yeah, I’m so sorry, but we can’t give you your free sandwich without taking the full stamp card. If we let people keep their cards, they could just come back another day and get another free sandwich.”

(I don’t actually say “stealing” because I don’t want to offend her, but it’s obvious what she is trying to pull.)

Customer: *obviously very annoyed* “That doesn’t make any sense. I want my free sandwich, now! And you had better fill my soup cup up all the way this time!”

Coworker: *managing a smile* “Yes, of course, ma’am; let me just finish ringing you up.” *physically pries the stamp card from the lady’s fingers*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!