Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Some Bosses You Work For Because You HAVE To, Others Because You WANT To

, , , | Right | CREDIT: BenjoMcDodo | October 29, 2020

I am working at a club that’s going through its opening month. We’re still working out the kinks and what-not since we didn’t get a cold open.  

I have a customer that was being particularly unruly. They are upset with the “first-come-first-serve” seating arrangement and want a better seat. We’re clearly all full. This guy, about 55, all dressed up with his wife, starts turning red in the face and gets spitting mad cursing me out.

I don’t realize, but my boss, the general manager of the club is standing all of two feet away with his back turned towards us, listening to everything.

Customer: “I WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER RIGHT NOW!”

Before I can say or do anything, my boss claps his hands and does a 540° quick spin in place, throws his hands out to the side and says:

Manager: “F****** HERE I AM!”

This is the hardest I’ve ever wanted to laugh in my entire life, so I ran back to the kitchen.

About five minutes later, I’m passing by that same spot in the club and I see that this customer has now turned purple, retrieved his high-falutin credit card from his wallet, and is waving it in my boss’s face.

Customer: *Yelling.* “DO YOU KNOW WHO THE F*** I AM?”

My boss then SLAPS the card away.

Manager: “Get out before I call the police, and never come back to this club again.”

I mean wow. I went to the ends of the earth for that guy. Best boss ever.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!