Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Snobbery Meets Buffoonery

, , , | Right | June 18, 2021

I am in a lovely family-owned restaurant we frequently visit. The restaurant is very good and it is almost impossible to get a table without a reservation. They’re just that good. The service and food are excellent and though it’s not snobbish, it has a nice setting. The owner himself greets you and gets you seated. If he’s not there his daughter and co-owner does the greeting. All regulars know this.

We are sitting near the entrance on a day the young woman greets the guests and we witness the following exchange.

A very snotty-looking young couple walks in, noses up, looking around for a table. The daughter greets them and asks for their reservation. The man looks down his nose at her.

Man: “We don’t need reservations. We are here all the time, and we know the owner. Just seat us already.”

The friendly face of the woman drops. She replies shortly.

Owner’s Daughter: “That’s a lie and you need to leave now.”

The man gets all flustered and puffed:

Man: “How dare y—”

She interrupts him harshly.

Owner’s Daughter: “I’m gonna stop you right now! I am the owner! The co-owner is my dad! One of us is always here and I’ve never seen you here before, nor have I ever heard my dad telling me of anybody just getting a table! Now, out! We don’t serve liars and cheapskates!

The man turned red as a tomato. The regulars around him listening in had started snickering at this point. He stormed out of the door. I really love it when such snobs get stopped right away.


This story is part of the Highest Voted of 2021 roundup!

Read the next Highest Voted of 2021 roundup story!

Read the Highest Voted of 2021 roundup!


This story is part of our Best Of June 2021 roundup!

Read the next Best Of June 2021 roundup story!

Read the Best Of June 2021 roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!