Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

She Must Still Have A Phonograph At Home

, , , , | Right | February 27, 2020

I am working a shift in electronics and am helping a woman and her son find a portable CD player. Since they’re not very popular anymore due to MP3 players and smartphones, we only carry two models, both of which are fairly basic. Frankly, they’re probably lucky we still carry any at all given how rarely we sell them. I’m showing the players to them.

Customer:
“Do either of them have an FM radio?”

Me:
“I am sorry, but neither of them do. We only carry these two basic models now since most people use smartphones or MP3 players for music.”

Customer:
“You know, this is very discriminatory against people who don’t have computers. You need to have a bigger selection of CD players for people who don’t have computers.”

Me:
“Uh…”

I am caught off guard by this and can only smile and nod. The customer then asks her son if he wants one of them, and he says yes, so she puts one in her cart.

Me:
“Well, if you need any other help today, just let me know.”

Customer:
“It’s still very discriminatory, you know.”

I smiled and nodded again and walked away, weeping for the future of humanity.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!