Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Semi Truck + Migraine = Awkward Talk With Dad

, , , , | Related | April 9, 2020

When I am in college, I am still living at home. I am also working but share a car with my parents — that is, I get it if neither of them needs it. This particular day, my dad is picking me up from work. We are in the car on the freeway during rush hour.

I have a horrible migraine that isn’t being helped by the stop and go of the semi next to us; sunlight is hitting between the cab and the load the driver is carrying and I am just not feeling well. I’ve started trying to turn to the best of my ability, closing my eyes as I am leaning against the window. I am very single.

Dad: *Side-eyeing me* “Are you all right?

Me: “Yeah, just a headache. Semi isn’t helping.”

Dad: *Still side-eyeing me* “You sure you’re okay?”

Me: *Opening my eyes* “Yeah, why?”

Dad: “It’s just… you’re not… you’re not pregnant, are you?”

Me: “No!”

Dad: “Okay, okay. Do you know how that works, though?”

Me: “Yeah, do you?”

Dad: “Of course, I do!”

Me: “Well, I’m missing one very key part of that equation!”

I started laughing at the look of shock on his face. Really, even if I had been pregnant, he would have been fine, but I think he was more surprised by my response.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!