Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Re-shelving Them Out The Door

, , , , , | Working | December 30, 2017

(I am a sales representative and I have to work with some pretty new assistant managers. They tend to make me do all the work around the store while they stay behind the register, even during dead hours, diddling on their phones. As one of the very few representatives willing to work nights, I never have a chance to bring it up to the manager since she is never around during the days I work. I have just returned from a week-long trip to visit my girlfriend in another state, and surprise, surprise, my general manager also was out of town for one less day than I was during that same period. The day I return, the general manager is the one behind the counter.)

Me: “No [Assistant Manager #1] today?”

General Manager: “Oh, no, [Assistant Manager #1] isn’t working with us anymore.”

Me: “Oh, well, what about [Assistant Manager #2]? Is he off today?”

General Manager: “Also not working with us anymore.”

Me: “Both of them quit?”

General Manager: “No, they were fired. I was working with [Assistant Manager #1] yesterday morning, and a customer told me she couldn’t get into the dressing rooms. I went to check and found out that [Assistant Manager #1 and #2] were dumping all the re-shelves into the least-used dressing room for the entire week. It was so bad that you could barely open the door without having to force it open with your shoulder. So, I yelled at the both of them.”

Me: “Wow, so, you fired them on the spot?”

General Manager: “No, I was expecting them to pick up their act. Instead they gave me two weeks notices for a ‘Hostile Work Environment’ this morning. I told them they can’t quit a job they don’t have anymore.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!