Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Play, D’oh!

, , , , , | Right | June 5, 2018

(I am the dumb customer here.)

Customer Service: “Hi. How can I help you?”

Me: *quite nervous after one hour waiting my turn with my little son* “I bought this computer mouse this morning and it doesn’t work. I know it is the cheapest in the store. With my kids playing at my PC, its life expectancy is rather short, but it should at least be working the first time after being unpacked.”

Customer Service: “Let’s see this.”

(He plugs in the mouse, makes some moves, turns the mouse over, and pokes a little screwdriver at the red optic move detector.)

Customer Service: *showing his screwdriver’s point cover with red play-dough* “I found the problem.”

Me: *turning my eyes to my suddenly-inattentive son, then to the customer service guy* “Excuse me for this. I am very embarrassed.”

Customer Service: *not believing me but remaining professional* “Would you like a new one?”

Me: “You don’t have to; it’s clearly my fault. Who would wait in a one-hour queue just to cheat you out of a 6€ mouse?”

Customer Service: *signing the replacement ticket* “Some people do it for less than that.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!