Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Pay Now, Or Pay Later With Embarrassment

, , , , , | Right | December 13, 2023

It’s Monday. I am calling customer service for my benefits card to get help paying off a balance due so the cards can be reactivated for use. I have been trying — with increasing frustration — to get this taken care of for a very long time.

Representative: “Thank you for calling [Card Help Line]. This is [Representative]. How may I help you today?”

Me: “Hello, this is [My Name], and I have a balance I need to pay to get my cards unlocked. I’m using the app, and every time I select the link that says, ‘Click here to view or pay your balance online,’ it gives me a 404 error; it’s a bad link. I have also logged into my account online but cannot find any place to make a payment there. Please help!”

Representative: “Let’s see what we can figure out. Are you on the app right now?

Me: “Yes.”

Representative: “Do you see the button that says ‘PAY NOW’?”

Me: *Realization dawning on me* “You mean the big blue button in the middle of the screen that says, ‘PAY NOW’?”

Representative: “That’s the one!”

Me: *Pauses and sighs* “Yeah. It’s Monday.”

I select the big blue “PAY NOW” button.

Me: “Yep. That’s where I needed to go.”

Representative: “Wonderful!”

Me: “I’m sorry. Thank you for putting up with me. Have a good rest of your day.”

Representative: “Thank you! And I hope your Monday gets better!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!