Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Onesie, Twosie, No More Shopping For Yousie

, , , | Right | February 12, 2022

A lady comes in two days before Thanksgiving and talks to my lead.

Customer: “I’m looking for a baby onesie that says, ‘My First Thanksgiving.’”

Lead: “I’m sorry, but we’re sold out of ‘My First Thanksgiving’ and ‘My First Christmas’ onesies, but we do have some ‘My First Valentine’s Day’ onesies on display.”

Customer: “Well, go in the back and look! How can you be sold out?! It’s not Thanksgiving yet!”

My lead comes to the back office to let me know what’s going on. I go out front with her but stay back.

Lead: “Sorry, ma’am. There are none in the back.”

Customer: “You liar! You’re just lazy!”

Now, I step in.

Me: “Ma’am, I am the store manager, and you have verbally assaulted a member of my management.”

Customer: “I did no such thing!”

Me: “I was watching.”

Customer: “Well, if she wasn’t lazy and a liar—”

I put my hand up to her face.

Me: “Would you like to come with me to the back room and see that there is nothing in back? Our company does not function that way.”

I pause and she says nothing.

Me: “Then you can leave my store because security is on their way to escort you out; we are exercising our right to refuse service to you.”


This story is part of the Thanksgiving 2022 roundup!

Read the next Thanksgiving 2022 roundup story!

Read the Thanksgiving 2022 roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!