Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

No A.I. For The CC

, , , , | Working | August 22, 2017

(I keep receiving advertisements from a well-known credit card company wanting me to sign up for their credit card. Due to past customer service issues I have learned that being able to stand in someone’s face gets positive results faster. This takes place through email. I will refer to the credit card company as ‘CC.’ )

Me: “Good day, [CC]. I have looked over your advertisement and am wondering, do you have a physical presence in [My Town].”

CC: “For any customer service concerns we have an easy to reach toll free number, [number].”

Me: “Thank you. The toll free number may come in handy some day, but I prefer to be able to walk in to a brick-and-mortar location to talk to someone in person if there is an issue that cannot be resolved over the phone. Do you have a physical location in [My Town]?”

CC: “Any customer service issues you may have with [CC] can easily be resolved by calling the customer service toll free number, [number].”

Me: “This is the third time I have sent your company CC an email asking a question and it has not been answered. I’m not sure if my emails are being read by a real person or a word filter so to determine that I am going to ask two questions. I want an answer to the first question before you answer the second question. Here we go:

Question #1: How do you like your steak cooked? I’ll leave space for you to answer.

Question #2: Do you have a physical presence in [My Town]?”

(I did not receive a response to this email. I found out some years later that I had given CC a Turing Test, and it looks like they failed. )

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!