Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Next Year, Just Turn Off The Lights And Pretend You’re Not Home

, , , , , | Friendly | October 30, 2021

We love Halloween, both taking our kids out door to door and handing out sweets, particularly to the little ones.

Last year, we got a lot more older kids. They pushed in front and grabbed handfuls of sweets, and when it was getting late, we put the rest of the sweets on the doorstep only for them to be thrown down the street.

This year would be different. We went out with our children. When it came to handing out sweets, we had two big buckets.

The first to the door were two older children, not even in costume. I picked up the orange bucket and made a point of putting sweets into their hands. Some smaller children were up next. I picked up the white bucket and put sweets into their hands.

As the night continued, I kept up the same trick. Then, two older boys rang the bell; they looked familiar.

Boy #1: “Yeah, trick or treat.”

Me: “Hmm, sure.”

I grabbed the orange bucket and gave them a large handful.

Boy #2: “Where’s the chocolate?”

Me: “The what?”

Boy #1: “You gave my little brother chocolate bars. How come we get this?”

Me: “Luck of the draw. Sorry, guys.”

I shut the door. Oh, well, they figured it out: older kids get the cheap sweets and little kids get the mini chocolate bars. I figured that would be that. Then, the door opened and a young boy was stood there.

Young Boy: “Trick or treat!”

Me: “Brilliant costume.”

I grabbed the white bucket and gave him some sweets.

Young Boy: “Can my brother have some, too?”

Me: “Where is he?”

Young Boy: “Hiding around the corner.”

Me: “Sure, some special sweets for big kids.”

I gave him a double helping from the orange bucket. I’m guessing that wasn’t appreciated as, only a few seconds later, I heard them thrown at the house. Next year, we might just hand out fruit!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!