Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Mismanaged Expectations, Part 2

, , , , , | Working | August 21, 2012

(I’m a stock filler in the dairy department. This particular night, the dairy stock has been very late to arrive to the store. A coworker from a different department approaches me. This time of night a lot of employees tend to go on their breaks, so the store is pretty empty.)

Coworker: “Hey, [My Name], I just saw a truck driver standing out back. I think he came in with the dairy load.”

Me: “Oh, okay, thanks. I’ll take care of it.”

(I walk out to the back dock, and the truck driver is standing by the back entrance. He looks very frustrated and confused.)

Me: “Hi, were you here with the dairy load?”

Truck Driver: “I’ve been waiting here for fifteen minutes! I’ve got other stores to go to, you know!”

Me: “Oh, uh, did you… tell anyone that you were here?”

Truck Driver: “Why the h*** should I have to tell anyone!? Where’s [Dairy Manager]? He’s supposed to be here waiting for me!”

Me: “[Dairy Manager] is on his break right now, but I can give him a call to let him know you’ve arrived.”

Truck Driver: “This is ridiculous! Why would he be on his break?!”

Me: “Well, we were expecting the dairy load to get here quite a bit earlier.”

Truck Driver: “That’s no excuse! He should be here waiting for me! I have places to be. You can’t just waste my time like this!”

Me: “Yeah, but the manager’s not just going to stand around out back for hours waiting for you.”

Truck Driver: “Why not?!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!