Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Mis-Managing Their Expectations

, , , , , | Working | January 16, 2018

(I am applying for a management position at a grocery store near me. They don’t have many requirements for the job, saying, “Some management experience may be required.” So, I go in, and they immediately say:)

Recruiter: “You’re not qualified for this position. You need at least ten years of experience in a management position.”

(I ask about the shift manager position, which is below what I am going for.)

Recruiter: “You need five years of management experience for that.”

(I’ve been out of college for a little over a year now. I’ve struggled to find a job that I’m qualified for, since most positions do require a lot of experience, and I’m working retail for now. However, in every other job description I’ve seen, it states exactly how much experience they want. The girl who was interviewing me, who wasn’t that much older than me, wasn’t rude, but she wasn’t polite either. They offered me a job as a store associate, but I turned it down. I would rather work where I am currently than work for a company like that.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!