Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Lo, Shall The Blue Moon Bring A Crimson Tide Unto The Pale Plane

, , , , | Related | March 22, 2021

I live with my mum. I’ve got conditions that impact my reproductive system and result in my periods typically being extremely painful and really random with three- to five-month gaps between them. Very occasionally, I have what I call a “blue moon” period, where two show up in one month; the second one never has any PMS to harken its arrival. Because my periods are also extremely heavy, I stick to dark bedding to minimise the damage that can be done. My mum hates the dark bedding and has opted to buy me a set that’s white with dots, with a white sheet, which is cute but… risky for someone like me. My period has finished and she’s insisted I switch on over to the white set, which I eventually agree to.

Me: “You’re fully aware that I’m going to have a blue moon period, right?”

Mum: “Oh, shush. You just don’t want the white!”

Me: “I do want the white. It’s cute. But it’s impractical and I’m calling it now; blue moon, here I come.”

Mum: “SHUSH!”

Me: “Just don’t yell at me when it occurs.”

Mum: “Okay, I won’t, but you’re having the white set.”

A couple of nights come and go. I wake up in a scene that wouldn’t be amiss in a horror film, strip the bed, and go chuck myself in the shower. I flounce my way down the stairs with the affected bedding and dramatically pose in the doorway of the living room where Mum’s watching the TV.

Me: “I’m a seer!”

My mum just swore. Fortunately, it was only the sheet that was hit, and since it was white we could go ham with bleach.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!