Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Like Her Hearing, Her Cents Comes And Goes

, , , , , | Right | February 22, 2012

Customer: “Hey, I believe I was charged the wrong price for this item. Could you refund it to me?”

Me: “Oh, of course, ma’am. Let me just see the receipt and I’d be happy to.”

Customer: “Here it is.”

(The customer hands me a receipt that is over three feet long and totals over $300.)

Me: “All right, which did you believe you were over-charged on?”

Customer: *points out three items*

Me: “Ma’am, it seems that you were charged an extra two cents for these two items here. Do you really want me to refund you the two pennies?”

Customer: “YES! And to be sure I want you to return and re-ring my purchase to make sure.”

Me: “Okay.”

(Twenty minutes later, after re-ringing her entire purchase, I let her know that she’ll be getting two pennies back.)

Customer: “What?! Why did you even do that if it was only two cents?! How stupid can you be?”

Me: “Um, ma’am, I informed you that you’d only get the two pennies back before I did the transaction.”

Customer: “No you didn’t! I can’t believe the incompetence of the people working here!”

(She takes her bag and walks out of the store, yelling obscenities the whole way.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!