Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Let’s Just Inter-Not?, Part 2

, , , , , , | Right | April 5, 2024

I work for a broadband Internet provider at the call center.

Customer: “My Internet is not working!” 

After some troubleshooting:

Me: “It seems your Internet is just fine, but you are having some issues with your iPhone. Since you just purchased it, I know there can be a bit of a learning curve, so—” 

Customer: “Well, fix my phone, then!”

Me: “There’s nothing wrong with your phone. You just need to learn how to connect to different Wi-Fi as you go around, and—” 

Customer: “No! What am I paying you for when you won’t fix my phone?! I’ve spent over £700 on this!” 

Me: “Well, perhaps you should have learned how to use it before spending such a large amount of money.”

Customer: “You can’t talk to me like that! You need to fix my Internet!”

Me: “I work for your broadband Internet provider. We have no more dominion or responsibility for your devices than your water supplier has over the glasses you drink from.”

Customer: “That’s it! Get me your manager!”

I send them up to the manager, but I listen in.

Customer: “Your staff shouldn’t be allowed to talk to me that way! You need to fix my phone and have that agent I spoke to before disciplined or retrained or something!”

Manager: “I’m afraid he was correct; we can’t do anything about your phone, just your Internet.”

Customer: “Then I will get you both in trouble for being lazy! You’re the manager; you should be able to do something!” 

Manager: “Yes, I can! Since I am the manager, I allow my staff to tone-match their callers. Have a nice day, and please do call back if your Internet stops working. In the meantime, try the Apple Store for your phone issues. Have a nice day!” *Click* 

Related:
Let’s Just Inter-Not?

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!