Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Keep Her As Far From Your Happy Day As Possible

, , , , , | Working | September 19, 2023

I’m engaged to my long-time partner, and we are currently looking at wedding venues. I’m a man in a wheelchair, and he’s also a man. We’ve already encountered one homophobic venue, but as they made it clear from the beginning that they would not rent to us, we brushed it off as a nutcase and looked at other places.

We’re at a new location that we both love. The woman giving us a tour is happily answering all of our questions, including accessibility concerns. We’re pretty much sold, and we tell them woman this.

Woman: “Lovely! Now, I’m assuming you’ll want to bring the bride-to-be with you to get the final okay. Or groom!”

Fiancé: “Oh, he’s right here.”

The woman frowns and looks at me.

Woman: “Are… you sure? You could lose your disability. And do you have the money for a place like this?”

Me: “I’m not on disability, and we have a savings account made just for the wedding.”

Woman: “Well, it’s just… most people who marry someone that’s… you know… are straight. Maybe you should think about this. I’d hate to see you two divorce so soon after a wedding.”

Fiancé: “What the h*** are you talking about? What do you mean, ‘Someone that’s… you know…’?”

Woman: “Well… someone in a wheelchair. Or special needs. You know, not normal.”

Me: “Considering it’s my income — from my ‘normal people’ job — that’s paying for most of the wedding, I think we’re done here.”

Fiancé: “Thank you, ma’am, but we’ll find someplace else.”

We left.

We ended up going for another venue that was just as nice but without the judgment.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!