Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

It’s The Prints-iple!

, , , , | Right | January 24, 2024

I worked at a print/ship establishment. Each month, we would get marketing packets with various stickers to put on display items advertising the sales for that month. We had a regular who was nice overall but was also very vocal and opinionated, making for interesting customer service encounters.

While I was helping the customer in front of her in line, she noticed the sticker on our canvas print sample.

Customer: *Excited* “Oh! They’re 50% off!”

Unfortunately, our marketing packets are very specific in telling when and where to place the little stickers but are not as good at telling you to take them off.

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am. That sale ended three days ago. We forgot to remove that particular sticker.”

Customer: “No. You need to give it to me for half off. The sign says so.”

Me: “Again, I apologize, but that sale ended and I can’t give you a print for that price.”

Customer: “Your display specifically says right here that these prints are 50% off. I’m looking right at it. If you don’t honor your own words, it’s false advertising and I’ll have to report you.”

Me: *Smiling and in my best customer service voice* “Yes, ma’am, I agree that the writing is important. That’s why you’ll also see that right under the ‘50%’ on that sticker, it says the sale ended three days ago.” 

Thankfully, that’s when her other side kicked in and she smiled, knowing I’d won that one. I did tell her that we tended to repeat those sales every couple of months and called her when the next one came up, and she bought three prints.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!