Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

In A Tornado Warning, Most Air Is Blown By Impatient Customers

, , , , , | Right | August 17, 2023

When I was in college, I once made the decision to walk to the supermarket a mile away from my dorm. This was a stupid decision because I did not check the radar before I left, and there was a storm warning with a tornado watch in effect that afternoon. It was sunny when I began my walk, but by the time I reached the store, the sky was nearly black. I had only just made it inside when the rain started.

While I was at the store, the storm increased in intensity and a tornado warning went into effect. There was, in fact, a tornado that touched down just down the street. The staff herded all the shoppers back into the electronic department, the dead center of the store. Most of us understood why, except for this one lady who felt the need to argue with an associate trying to keep us in place.

Customer: “You have to let me go. You can’t keep me here!”

Employee: “There’s a tornado, ma’am. It isn’t safe to go outside.”

Customer: “This is horrible. You aren’t allowed to just keep customers prisoners like this. I have the right to leave.”

Employee: “Ma’am, this is just until the tornado passes. I promise.”

Customer: “My son is getting out of school. I’m going to be late picking him up. It’ll be your fault I’m not there on time!”

Employee: “Ma’am, there is a tornado. A literal tornado. Just down the street from us. Your son’s school is not going to let him leave, either.”

The customer huffed and turned away from him. Luckily, the tornado didn’t last much longer and damage was minimal. I’m sure her kid’s school understood why the customer wasn’t there at pick-up time.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!